This year Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management is observing Women’s Day, 8th March, 2014 with a unique dimension. The Institute is felicitating Women of Excellence in different fields as recommended by the panel of a selection committee constituted for the purpose.
As one of the leading Business Schools in Mumbai, LLIM takes pride in acknowledging the indomitable spirit of women achievers for their outstanding work and contribution to Society.
• Dr. Indu Shahani, Former Sheriff of Mumbai and Principal, HR College of Commerce, Mumbai with her versatile personality has contributed not only to quality education but also moulding the personalities of several thousands of students studying in her college.
• Her Holiness B.K Divyaprabha, who as a spiritual teacher has demystified spirituality without letting its essence be lost.
• Ms. Meera Isaacs is a teacher and Principal of Cathedral and John Connon School for more than 35 years. She possesses a rare personality, a combination of an ideal teacher and an effective administrator. Nurturing values and imparting quality education to several thousands of students who passed out from Cathedral and John Connon School, is her outstanding contribution to education.
• Ms. Shobhaa De is a prolific writer and voracious reader and a powerful opinion maker. There are over 100 dissertations on her work in various libraries world wide and her work titled ‘The Fiction of Shobhaa De” features 40 critical essays by academics.
• Ms. NamrataPatil is a rare personality with courage and confidence who has successfully kept the honor, credibility and respect of the Police Uniform.
• Ms. SwaraBhaskar has earned both laurels and respect for the roles essayed by her as an Actor.
• Ms. Dolly Thakore, who as a theatre personality has championed the cause of women’s rights through plays and received several laurels and awards for the same.
• Ms. Revathi Roy, who as an entrepreneur has redefined the transport service industry by making commutation for women and senior citizens safer and easier.
• Ms. JyotiTanna, who has pioneered a novel strategy by propagating the mantra of EACH ONE TEACH ONE.
• Ms. Aparna Mittal, who is not only an effective administrator but also a mentor, a friend, philosopher and guide to the team working with her.
• Ms. Miriam Mathew is a business woman known for her effective management of risks and uncertainties in business and has handled the same with care and caution.
• Dr. Neelam Arora, who as a teacher and Principal of Lala Lajpatrai College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, has learned the art of striking a balance between the responsibility of a teacher and administrator.
• Ms. Harsha Mukherjee, who has been a strong proponent of corporate social responsibility and has played a distinct role in promoting the same in the Indian Corporate Sector.
• Ms. Ruchi Makkad, who as a young entrepreneur has mastered the art of successful entrepreneurship.
• Ms. VibhaBhagat, who as an actress performed versatile roles on stage and the Silver Screen.