* Vision Our aspiration is to provide dynamic high calibre management education to serve business and industry and bring about social transformation. *Mission * To provide an affordable opportunity for diverse group of students and other stakeholders to learn by integrating education, internship and research.* To provide a multi-dimensional inter-disciplinary teaching-learning environment including on-line learning opportunities which would inculcate continuous learning habits among the students.* To create and leverage opportunities in floor training, upskilling possibilities via development programs, research and consultancy to establish and nurture linkages with industry and society.* Empowering management graduates to cultivate a global mind-set which would significantly contribute to the growth of Indian business environment and equitable social structure.
Goal of LLIM
1. To equip the students with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude with the view to improving their placement and success in a diverse business environment.
2. To foster high quality curricular, pedagogical & research activities for attaining academic excellence.
3. To enhance the quality of faculty and staff by offering opportunities for their development.
4. To create adequate and latest infrastructural facilities for efficient and effective operation of the institution.
The Institute The Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management offers the MMS – Master of Management Studies (Two years full time) course which is approved by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) New Delhi, Government of Maharashtra & affiliated to University of Mumbai.
The Institute seeks to develop professionals of competence and value and puts its synergic efforts through its faculty in achieving the same.
We, at LLIM adopt the stimulated organization approach in developing the students’ career. To make different events and activities successful, students have to carve out a temporary but functional organisation, which requires them to constitute teams, allocate responsibilities and perform collectively in the same manner that executives do in any organization.
To ensure one hundred percent commitment from the students to this methodology, a continuous performance evaluation program is carried out. Weightage is given to class participation, presentations in addition to the case study method and semester end examination.
Quality Policy Our Quality policy is to offer value addition to students and executives by imparting contemporary management knowledge and practices. Appointing competent Faculty and staff and providing them with an appropriate environment for development. Our endeavour is to select the best talent of students for various programs through a transparent process.
Our Methodology Students are the assets of our Institute. We believe that it is our responsibility to mould them in such a way that they become the assets of the Industry. Our students are future managers. Keeping this in mind, the students of our Institute are trained right from day one to tackle any difficult situation that they are likely to face in the future. The Institute believes that a self learning attitude of the students is the key to success, rather than restricting their thoughts. This self learning attitude when coupled with theoretical knowledge, helps the students to think and come out with innovative solutions thereby achieving our objects of providing the industry with assets that would lead to their success. The following techniques are used to improve the skills of our students.
Projects & Presentation The students not only learn theoretical aspects of a subject but also prepare and present projects enabling them to assimilate and gain more knowledge through self-learning. These projects are then presented by them thus allowing knowledge to be shared. It also helps them improve their communication and presentation skills.
Continuous Evaluation A student’s performance is frequently evaluated through periodic and mid term tests that are conducted by the respective professors. Continuous evaluation helps students to overcome their weaknesses and build a strong foundation.
Apart from continuous evaluation, the students are also judged by external faculty appointed by the University of Mumbai by evaluating University papers pertaining to General Management & also in their area of specialization.