- National Seminar
- Date: -
- Venue: Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management
The introduction of GST is one of the major policy reforms introduced during the last seven decades. The launching of GST effective from 1st July 2017 is expected to stimulate economic growth and simplify tax structure. Basically this tax system reflects “One Tax One Nation One Market” Vision.
GST represents the bundling of indirect taxes such as VAT, CST and Service Tax with a single comprehensive indirect tax system, and thereby would minimize the cascading effect inbuilt in the earlier tax system. However its implementation is likely to generate several complexities.
Against this background, LLIM has decided to hold a national seminar on the subject “Goods and Services Tax [GST] : Its Implications & Challenges”. This seminar is proposed to provide a forum for threadbare discussion on anatomy of GST, its implications and challenges.
To address the issues involved thread-bare, the following themes have been selected:
• Experience of GST in other countries
• States fiscal autonomy
• GST impact on Industry / Trade / Commerce/ Federal Finance System
• Challenges of implementation in GST and interstate movement of goods and services
• GST council, its place and status in the constitution
Dr. Bina Gupta, HOD-Finance: 9619323960