The M.M.S. degree course is conducted on a semester basis with four semesters spread over two academic years. The duration of each semester is around 15 working weeks.
3rd July 2017 to 14th December 2017
2nd January 2018 to 16th May 2018
27th June 2018 to 2nd December 2018
2nd January 2019 to 21st May 2019
(N.B. The above dates / duration are subject to change)
No transfer is allowed in Second year MMS Course from one Institute to another.
Students are informed that for granting of the Terms / Semesters, the minimum attendance required is 75% in each subject, failing which they will not be permitted to appear for the Semester end Examination.
No exemption in any subject is allowed even if the applicant has studied similar subjects in any other programme.
Evaluation, Standard of Passing and Award of Degree:
- Candidates will be required to do a fair amount of practical work by way of project work, field investigation and case analyses besides library reading and class contact hours. Candidate's participation in the programme, both inside and outside the class, will be evaluated on a continuous basis.
- The assessment of candidates for the first two semesters is conducted by the Institute and for the third and fourth semesters by the University & the Institute as indicated in the Table.
- In order to pass in a subject / paper in any semester, a candidate is required to obtain a minimum of 50% marks assigned to that subject/ paper.
- Candidates successfully completing the programme will be awarded the Degree by the University of Mumbai.
- Declaration of the results will be only in two categories: Pass i.e. eligible for the award of Degree or Fail i: e. not eligible for the award of Degree.
Re - Registration
- In order to pass in a Subject / Paper in any term (Semester) of the M.M.S. Degree Course, a candidate must obtain a minimum of 50 per cent marks in that subject.
- A candidate obtaining less than 50 per cent marks in more than two papers in any one semester will be deemed to have failed in that semester and will not be permitted to proceed to the next semester. He/she will, however, be eligible to repeat the same semester programme in the following year.
- A candidate obtaining less than 50 per cent marks in two or less than two papers in the 1st term (Semester) examination shall be permitted to attend 2nd Term (Semester) of the First Year.
- A candidate failing in two or less than two subjects in the First or Second Term (Semester) examination will be required to reappear in the supplementary examinations, as the case may be, to be held at the end of the First and the Second term (Semester) by the Institute conducting the M.M.S. course. The supplementary examinations will be held at the end of the respective term (Semesters).
- In order to be eligible for admission to the third term of the Second Year course, a candidate must have passed in all papers of the First and the Second term examinations conducted by the Institute.
- A candidate failing in two or less than two subjects in the third or the fourth term (Semester) examinations, will be required to reappear in the supplementary examinations, as the case may be, to be held at the end of the third and the fourth term (Semester) (Internal assessment only)conducted by the Institute. These supplementary examinations will be held at the end of the respective term (Semester).
- A candidate failing in two or less than two subjects in any semester is permitted to reappear for the supplementary examinations. The fee for Re-Registration is Rs. 950/- per subject.
- A Candidate is permitted to appear for two consecutive supplementary test in any subject. A Candidate is permitted two attempts at the end of semester.
Course of Study
The course of study is outlined in the Tables under the heading Courses of Study. All the subjects for the first year study (first two semesters) are compulsory. For the second year the candidate will choose any one of the following groups:
- Human Resource Management
- Operation Management
Students are expected to spend a part of their time in acquiring practical training and experience in Business / Industry. For this purpose, they will be assisted to get summer internship project / training in companies by the Institute. At the end of the training, each candidate will be required to submit a report based on his / her work experience which will be evaluated as a part of the Institute's Assessment Scheme.